The Hansen Family Foundation sees the plight of our fellow man as our person opportunity to do some good. Helping the poor, sick, and hungry people of the world is an investment in the future of our planet. How would one ever know what they are truly capable of if they’re never given a chance to grow and flourish? We here at the Hansen Family Foundation support those who help others during times of hardship and despair so that they might one day have the chance to do the same.
We are happy to announce that we are now have the ability to cater for charity events. If your charity is interested in our catering services, please contact us for more information.
Past Events and Giving for Humanitarian Causes:
- September 13, 2013 – We attended the Forget Me Not Farm’s open house and beautiful garden tour.
- June 27, 2013 – We had the pleasure of attending Leukemia Lymphoma Society’s inaugural dinner and fundraiser.
- April 13, 2013 – Our Spring BOD Board meeting was very productive, giving to a variety of different organizations including: The Virginia Marine Aquarium and Research Center, Seton Youth House, ForKids, Community Development International, and The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia.
- December 18, 2012 – We toured the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and discussed the integration of community gardens!!!
- October 27, 2012 – The BOD board approved gifting to Fence at the Top, Global Student Embassy, Toby’s Dream, For Kids, He Intends Victory, and Wave Warriors during our Fall BOD meeting.
- April 10, 2012 – We were lucky enough to tour the Up Center in Norfolk and see the inner workings of a great community and cause.
- April 9, 2012 – A tour of the Norfolk office of Operation Smile was the highlight of our day.
- April 7, 2012 – During our Spring BOD board meeting, we approved grant requests for Wave Warriors, HRS Living Expo, and Forget Me Not farms.
- October 29, 2011 – Our fall BOD Board meeting was full of gifts when we were able to do more than just donate money! We were able to gift money to organizations such as Toby’s Dream, He Intends Victory, and One Church. But, we also were able to send a terminally ill boy to see his meet and see his favorite NFL team play.
- November 6, 2010 – The board held its Fall bi-annual meeting, giving to Operation Blessing, SEAL Heritage Center, R.E.A.C.H., W.I.S.E., Habitat for Humanity, ForKids, and Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters (CHKD).
Apply on or after December 1st, 2019
We are now considering new applications until March 14th, 2020.