The Hansen Family Foundation supports causes dedicated to helping children both home as well as abroad; giving children the world over a chance they may otherwise not of had. Children are the world’s most valuable resource and the Hansen Family Foundation strives to reinforce that resource with the means to ensure its successful future.
Past Events and Giving for Children’s Causes:
- May 5, 2016 – Simply Strings is a
five yearmusic training and social & academic development program under the auspices of the Santa Rosa, CA Symphony Orchestra. Primarily underserved Hispanic youth in grades 2 through 6 receive music and life skills training for 2 hours a day, five days a week after school throughout the academic school year .Studentsenter the program in grade 2 and progress through the end of grade 6. Student retention, music skills development, parental involvement, and community acceptance have been phenomenal during the first three years of the program. Considerable academic improvement and social skills development of the Simply Strings students have also been noted by elementary school administrators .TheHansen Family Foundation is proud to have been a significant sponsor of Simply Strings for the most recent two years of this outstanding program.
- April 27, 2016 – This past April, the Hansen Family Foundation was pleased to be able to assist Toby’s Dream Foundation in sending Matthew, an
18 year oldDreamer, and his family to Nationals Park in Washington, DC. While there Matthew was able to experience his dream of meeting and spending time with Washington Nationals player, Bryce Harper, as well as sitting behind home plate to watch the game. We look forward to partnering with Toby’s Dream on future experiences.
- September 29, 2015 – The Hansen Family Foundation was privileged to be able to cater the Toby’s Dream Foundation Pro/Am Golf Tournament. If you would like us to cater your charity event, please contact us for more information.
- September 13, 2013 – We attended the Forget Me Not Farm’s open house and beautiful garden tour.
- April 13, 2013 – Our Spring BOD Board meeting was very productive, giving to a variety of different organizations
including:The Virginia Marine Aquarium and Research Center, Seton Youth House, ForKids, Community Development International, and The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia.
- October 27, 2012 – The BOD board approved gifting to Fence at the Top, Global Student Embassy, Toby’s Dream, For Kids, He Intends Victory, and Wave Warriors during our Fall BOD meeting.
- April 7, 2012 – During our Spring BOD board meeting, we approved grant requests for Wave Warriors, HRS Living Expo, and Forget Me Not farms.
- October 29, 2011 – Our fall BOD Board meeting was full of gifts when we were able to do more than just donate money! We were able to gift money to organizations such as Toby’s Dream, He Intends Victory, and One Church. But, we also were able to send a terminally ill boy to see his meet and see his favorite NFL team play.
- May 1, 2011 – We attended the Rites of Passage graduation ceremony!
- November 6, 2010 – The board held its Fall bi-annual meeting, giving to Operation Blessing, SEAL Heritage Center, R.E.A.C.H., W.I.S.E., Habitat for Humanity, ForKids, and Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters (CHKD).
- May 9, 2010 – We attended the Rites of Passage graduation ceremony!
Apply on or after December 1st, 2019
We are now considering new applications until March 14th, 2020.